Mass Tort Webinar Takeaways – Opportunities for Business Growth
Wow, what a great mass tort webinar! Thank you for attending ‘Learn How to Build Your Mass Tort Practice through Co-Counsel Opportunities’ on October 6th. This webinar featured Cory Watson’s Principal Attorneys Jon Conlin and Stephen Hunt. It was a highly informative and enlightening discussion on co-counsel opportunities. In addition, it featured how to help clients navigate recoveries from a variety of Mass Torts including Philips CPAP, Talcum Powder, Benzene Sunscreen Cancer, Hernia Mesh, Zantac, and Xelijanz.
The mass tort webinar included the following segments: Tort Introduction, Reason For Being Recalled, the Evaluation, Litigation, and Phase of the Tort, Co-Counsel Opportunity, and Case Settlement Value. Our skilled panel experts, Cory Watson’s Principal Attorneys, Jon Conlin, and Stephen Hurst, were knowledgeable, articulate, and engaging.
The Question-and-Answer Segment was elicited more insights and elucidation on the torts discussed. Questions included comparisons of Tort cases, along with projected timetables, and an elaboration of how firms can work with Cory Watson on co-counsel relationships.
Highlights From The Mass Tort Webinar:
It is estimated that there are 1 to 2 million victims of the Philips CPAP Machine in the U.S.
- LeadingResponse – Filtering Criteria – Individuals using the recalled Philips Bi-Pap, CPAP, or ventilator and suffered side effects
A judge in California awarded over $2 million to a plaintiff in January.
- LeadingResponse – – Filtering Criteria – Individuals who used commercial or cosmetic talcum powder. Developed ovarian cancer or mesothelioma
Overexposure through work or sunscreen can cause leukemia, multiple myeloma, and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
- LeadingResponse – – Filtering Criteria – 1 Years’ worth of benzene exposure
Pfizer’s Xeljanz is used to treat rheumatoid and psoriatic arthritis and the FDA has warned that taking high doses can increase blood clots, cardiovascular problems, and cancer.
- LeadingResponse – – Filtering Criteria – Individuals who used Xeljanz. Developed blood clots, cardiovascular problems or cancers associated with Xeljanz
Several studies link long-term paraquat exposure to developing Parkinson’s Disease.
- LeadingResponse – – Filtering Criteria – Long-term Paraquat exposure.
In case you missed the mass tort webinar or are interested in watching it again, here is the recording.
Submit a request to our presenters:
Carol Ornelas, Vice President of Business Development, LeadingResponse
Kye Duncan, Senior Vice President of Online Activation, LeadingResponse
Jon C. Conlin, Principal Attorney, Cory Watson
Stephen Hunt, Principal Attorney, Cory Watson