Listen to this Article
The internet is a wondrous thing for determined marketers. But due to its ever-changing nature, ads that worked like a charm last quarter could fall completely flat next month. If your marketing dollars aren’t bringing in enough clients, spending even more money isn’t necessarily going to solve your problem. That’s especially true in over-saturated markets — but if you’re attracting fewer leads than your business needs to thrive, don’t panic! Instead, take a step back, review your company’s client acquisition process and identify changes that could help improve conversion rates.
Improve Conversion Rates in 2023
The new year is here, so now’s a great time to change things up and make some improvements. With that in mind, here are five tactics that may help you improve client acquisition conversion rates in 2023.
Update your landing pages
Make sure each landing page on your company’s website has a single, clear, highly visible call to action. If you have more than one – or if your audience gets too many options or doesn’t know how to proceed, they won’t convert.
How do you fix it? Stop what you’re doing right now and look at your company’s public-facing landing pages. Count how many navigation links, registration forms, and types of content and media visitors see when they land on it. If you divide each prospect’s attention in too many different directions, you are hurting your conversion rates. Eliminate social media buttons from pages that host registration forms or opt-in newsletter fields, for example, and other possible distractions.
Optimize your website
Your website is your company’s online storefront. What’s the first impression you want to make on potential clients visiting your website? If yours looks outdated, you’ve likely already missed your first shot at conversion. And that means it’s time to revamp your design, include more informational items, and a clean, mobile-friendly design.
If you’re seeing a high bounce rate in Google Analytics, it’s time to do something. Your audience won’t always respond the way you think they will. The only way to make successful improvements is to A/B test each segment and make changes that are statistically proven to convert.
Consider testing the following site changes to see if they improve conversion rates:
- Reduce overall page clutter. Ask others to share their unbiased opinions about everything on your website. That way, you can streamline your content and page elements by eliminating anything that isn’t helping you acquire new clients.
- Remove unnecessary sidebars. Sidebars look dated, and you don’t want anything to compete with your top navigation menu. Remember, your company’s website isn’t simply a digital sales brochure. Plus, all that extra code and older designs can drastically slow down your page load time.
- Optimize copy. Make sure your heading and secondary content is engaging and to the point. Emphasize your company’s value propositions. Ask questions and show empathy for potential customers whenever possible.
- Include better, branded images. Make sure your images stand out. Use original photography or images whenever possible and avoid stock images. Your customers know the difference! Videos are also eye-catching and are increasing in their draw to website visitors. Test these elements out and see what works best.
- Make your call to action clear and prominently visible. Don’t make your potential clients frustrated trying to find your company’s contact information. Putting crucial forms above the fold still matters, even on mobile devices. If you’re unsure about the ideal placement, test different areas.
Redesign your contact forms
As of 2022, there are 6.65 billion smartphones, and 62.06% of website traffic comes from mobile devices. If your site doesn’t have a responsive design already built in, now’s the time to update that. Pull out your phone or tablet right now and pull up your company’s website. Is it easy to read? How long did it take the home page to load for you? Can you quickly navigate to the form or link potential clients use to get in touch?
If any of these answers are no, or if they aren’t an emphatic yes, it’s time to make changes to your website and mobile responsiveness. Your conversion rate will thank you!
Use action-oriented language
Passive voice is an absolute killer when trying to improve conversion rates. Instead, excite your visitors by using words that pop off the screen and energize them to take action immediately. Use verbiage that implies a sense of urgency or scarcity. Here are some great examples:
- Discover. Learn. Download.
- Reserve your spot today!
- Save 20% before this offer expires at midnight.
- Limited offer. Get it now!
- Grow your business today!
Partner with LeadingResponse
Ready to take a break from handling your company’s marketing needs? Get a FREE consultation with LeadingResponse and compare the numbers yourself. For decades, we’ve pioneered the customer acquisition industry and marketing solutions that help our clients improve conversion rates. Still have questions? Contact us. Our marketing consulting experts are here to help.